You don't need permission to sleep
I definitely can’t give it to you.
But you’ll be amazed at what happens when find it within yourself.
If you’re anything like me, when you became a mom your own sleep went straight to last on your priority list.
If you’re like so many other moms I’ve talked to, you probably believe if you allow yourself to sleep, nap or even just rest, you’re taking time or attention away from your family. That things just don’t get done when you’re asleep or that you have to earn it somehow.
Thinking like this left me with insomnia for years.
So often I hear, “But what if someone needs me when I’m sleeping?”
Early on, you were probably given the insidious advice to “sleep when the baby’s sleeping”.
But your baby is a big kid now. Maybe even fully grown.
It’s time to give yourself permission to sleep when you’re sleepy.
The world won’t fall apart while you rest. In fact, if you learn to get better quality sleep, you’ll be much better able to handle whatever life hands you when you’re awake.
We spend 1/3 of our lives asleep! Wouldn’t it be great to look forward to that instead of dreading bedtime every night?
To look at sleep as a reward for a day well-spent instead of a punishment to be endured?
I know because I suffered with insomnia on and off for decades.
I thought good sleep was impossible for me too.
But it’s not. I now fall asleep most nights a few minutes after my head hits the pillow.
If I can do it, so can you.
You can learn to sleep better, just like you learned the habits that are part of your insomnia routine right now.
Click the link below and let’s spend half an hour together so you can learn how my Permission to Sleep program can help.
What I know about you
How my Permission to Sleep program works
Where we meet
We meet by Zoom (video conferencing) 6 times over an 8-week period. I recommend we choose a day and time of the week that works for you, and that you commit to that time for your coaching work each week. Your sleep goals will be set weekly so commitment to this timing is important.
Permission to Sleep includes 1:1 support and coaching with me on your sleep specific challenges. You’ll also receive self-study materials, and access to me by email on weekdays, during business hours.
You learn to track your thoughts, habits and results every day so you can create new habits and belief patterns about sleep and rest. And I teach you the thought work model I use so you can learn to recognize the thoughts that help you develop better sleep habits vs. those that don’t serve you and even keep you awake.
- In-depth education about sleep & health impacts to increase your confidence about how sleep impacts your life
- I teach you to recognize the negative sleep thoughts that prevent you from believing sleep is possible
- You learn to work with a Daily Sleep Diary that helps you track your progress through the program and gives you real evidence of the amount of sleep you’re getting
- We work on scheduling your sleep for success and improving your sleep efficiency
- You learn why quality matters more than quantity
- You get helpful guided relaxation exercises and I teach you how to use them for optimal stress reduction both during the day and at bedtime
- We cover key sleep hygiene techniques you should add to your morning/evening routines to help support the new, positive sleep habits you built
- We spend the final session on self-care strategies that help you maintain your success for the long term
Book Your Free Sleep Assessment
Click below to book your FREE 30-minute Sleep Assessment with me to see if Permission to Sleep is right for you.
We’ll talk about your sleep history, what you’ve tried to sleep better, and I’ll give you some strategies to help you get sleeping better right away!